RF-Dev | Your #1 Resource for RF Online Development
Sign in to follow this  
Ron

RF-Dev Launcher Design

PrinceRay    19
You must be a registered member of RF-Dev and logged in to view this content.

Eqg using own hosting i guess 

I just need hosting to spoof my ip from unwanted kidz :D ?

Ron    21

1.5 doesn't need a custom launcher. Login is done in-game. To start the game you only need to generate a proper LSSetting.tmp file with the correct server IP. The client will connect to the designated IP and then you log in in-game. 1.5 was actually the first version I made a launcher for.

Private servers don't need this right now, and I will not help make a custom launcher to bypass another server's launcher.

This forum is English so the only language I care about for development is English. Someone else can add support for other versions. Minor packet changes can be made to get login working on other versions. You'll also need to code in other language selections in to the launcher as I made it hard-coded for English for my purposes.

• Thanks 1

Ron    21

I've decided to keep this as a "developer" tool, meaning I will not care about making it "pretty". The code works and is fairly reliable, which is what I was looking for.

Stay tuned to a release at a later date (maybe as early as tonight...). I'll polish this up and get it out there for you guys.

Edit-

Launcher source has been released here:

• Like 1