RF-Dev | Your #1 Resource for RF Online Development
Sign in to follow this  
Ron

RF-Dev Launcher Design

Ron    21

This is just a little project I am working on to include with the server files I'm releasing. The prototype app is pretty much complete and fully functional. A few more features and packet handling fixes, and the code portions will be fully complete.

Here is what I have so far:

image.png.b6916e856acd9b4d89fcc5af7cad06d6.png

image.png.762132611b4e815ebefb8dc2de8430fe.png

The purpose of this is to provide people with an easy to use launcher for peoples' servers. Using this avoids having to set up insecure update server emulators to get the CCR launcher working with your server files. The launcher is intended as a quick developer tool and will be released as-is with my server file pack.

I'm making a post here because I'm looking for someone to design a launcher layout. I'm a coder, not an artist, so I don't really care about putting much effort in to the design. However if someone is willing to help out with producing a better design for the launcher, I'll be happy to update the final launcher to use the custom design, and eventually make a separate release.

If you're interested in assisting with a design for the "RF-Dev RF Launcher", get in touch and we can figure something out.

• Like 1

PC_Bro    18

Found this doing a quick search. I like the general color theme and layout but not the overused pictures you see on pretty much all the servers. We should be able get something better to replace them with. 

You must be a registered member of RF-Dev and logged in to view this content.

There's also one other design I remember seeing somewhere that actually looks nice imo, just can't remember where I saw it at.

• Like 1

I rather use launchermessage.ini to point to gamecp images folder as we were used to do using 1st release of RF for win32bits kaswynn something like that -_-  I never really wrote that down -_- I was Wondering if is it possible to use a launcher that do not need emulator,, just asked a friend about it and saw this here hehe

kshmilyhui    1

Wait for you after the completion of the source code can learn, I also wrote a, but in the final time into the game but prompted the language to load failure, I checked, or data organization error, I used to write another person Took the instrument to read the data I assembled, did not find any problems, the problem has been confused for a long time, I can not solve the problem

Ron    21

Yep this will bypass the emulator requirement. If I release the source you can just tweak it as needed for your own server.

I need to comment the source more if I release it so people can actually follow whats happening.

Ron    21

Moved topic to Development since it makes more sense to be there at this point.

kshmilyhui    1

Now to what extent, whether all languages can be perfect to enter the world server, if the conditions permit, consider whether to support 1.5b

PrinceRay    19

Yea, i remembering the launcher of EQG.

Its nice design, and easy to use with small problem.

Seeing this post like "finally someone got source that i can explore / dev it"

xD tell us the small problem mate if you recall xD If you guys don't mind I would like to bring a question to you about no-ip I read a long tima ago @ main.dev(R.i.p) that is possible to use it with rf you just need to match the correct numbers of characters for it, I do not recall but I supose it was something like this 1234.no-ip.net anyone got any idea about it? I know is not exactly "launcher" related but yall forgive me xD