RF-Dev | MMO Private Server Development
Sign in to follow this  
Ron

Gate to Heavens Project

Update | 8/15/2017

Most client item translations are complete. Quest names still need to be translated. Most game features appear to be working. I have not come across any significant bugs in my limited testing on the starter maps. Most other game features are expected to be working, however I've labeled this as an Alpha build as the game has not been tested beyond level 5 yet.

Original Post | 8/9/2017

I've been working on a new site project recently. Thanks to a lot of assistance from @PC_Bro and @Agony, we were able to track down fully working source code for Gate to Heavens (GTH), and through a lot of trial and error, now have the code compiling on Windows 10. Other than RF, I am really fond of this game because it was one of the first MMO's I actually fell in love with the community and game environment on.

I'll be using this thread just as an update log type deal, and will update this thread as I make more progress on the game. Currently I'm doing a significant amount of source code cleanup. Once that is done I need to start working on translations again. I've translated a fair bit already but there is still a lot of work to do.

For now I am testing things locally but I am more than happy to set up a public test server if others want to try the game, or even help out with testing and reporting bugs. I'll set one up if there is enough demand, but overall the project is low priority and being worked on in my free time. It isn't 100% playable yet because the translations are not complete. The game is fully working otherwise though.

More updates to come!

You must be a registered member of RF-Dev and logged in to view this content.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

I'm still looking for the best option to create new particles for that game. Anybody have suggestions? Atm I am thinking about testing Nvidia's now outdated Fx-Composer then custom tool to put it into gth format but I feel like there may be better options I haven't heard of.

• Thanks 1

Using a standard modeling tool to create them, then making a tool to convert to GTH format honestly sounds like the most viable option to me.

• Thanks 1

Items are translated. I can move on to more important stuff now.

Its similar, definitely very fun but very hackable as well.

I will have a public test server up soon.

• Thanks 1

Got the spawn tool working. Few small bugs and needs translations, but seems to be fully working.

For anybody curious it didn't take me long to write the boilerplate code awhile back.

Had a bit of help from @Agony for sorting out some stuff related to getting correctly made uvs.  

• Like 1

More spawn tool updates. Everything I need working is now translated, and I also fixed some minor bugs. Moving on to the next tasks now.

Google Translate might of been wrong on "Marie".  Active or Alive might be closer to correct.

• Thanks 1